POSITION: CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: DON/RN SUPERVISOR
POSITIONS SUMMARY: Provides personal care services under the direction of the RegisteredNurse (RN). The nursing assistant is assigned specific clients by the R. N. or additional professionals of such status level and performs needful services to clients in order to maintain their personal comfort.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs simple procedures as an extension of nursing care under the direction and supervision of the nurse.
2. Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
3. Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
4. Assist in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of an R.N.
5. Reports any observed or changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse.
6. Documents care provided to client and completes the forms required for the client's records. Nursing assistant completes the appropriate records to document care given and all relative observations.
7. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case Manager.
8. Exhibits safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until training/orientation have been provided in addition to notifying the supervisor of educational/physical needs.
9. Communicates effectively by way of observing, recording, reporting and inter personal relations.
10. Maintains confidentiality in all areas of service.
11. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary in healthcare.
12. Participates in monthly in-service trainings to stay abreast & knowledgeable of updates/changes in the healthcare arena, while maintaining compliance with DHMH requirements.