POSITION: HOME HEALTH AIDE
REPORTS TO: DON/RN SUPERVISOR
POSITIONS SUMMARY: Provides personal care services under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN). The home health aide is assigned specific clients by the R. N. or additional professionals of such status level and performs
needful services to clients in order to maintain their personal comfort.
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least eighteen years (i8)
- Have obtained a minimum of two (2) years work experience in a supervised setting, preferable health care facility
- Verify their capability to read, write and follow a written plan of care
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Current CPR/1st Aid
- Criminal background check
- Current driver’s license or ID Card
1. Performs simple procedures as an extension of nursing care under the direction and supervision of the nurse.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
2. Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
HHA: DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES CONT.
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
3. Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
4. Assist in the (handling the medication to the client) administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of an R.N. (per state practice laws and Agency policy).
5. Reports any observed or changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse. Following reporting guidelines in the Care of Plan.
6. Documents care provided to client and completes the forms required for the client's records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per agency requirements–at least weekly.
7. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, followingAgencyguidelines,and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case Manager.
8. Demonstrate safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
9. Communicates effectively with all members of the inter disciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
10. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
11. Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to agency supervisor.
12. Performs other related duties & responsibilities as deemed necessary.