POSITION: NURSING SUPERVISOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF NURSING
- Graduation, from acredited school of nursing
- At least 2 years experience in supervision and administration
- At least 2 years experience of recent experience in home health management
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Current unrestricted RN license in Maryland State
- Current CPR
- Conduct participant's initial assessment, and identify variables that may affect client's behavior.
- Develop caregiver service plan on admission based on the client's plan of care and participants assessment and updates it every 60 days or as necessary.
- Provide training to the caregivers according to the participants need.
- Conduct caregiver assessment on each caregiver at the initial visit and ongoing
- Delegate and monitor caretaker tasks.
- Provide supervision with caregivers present during monthly visit.
- Perform annual performance evaluation on all licensed nurses and home health aides.
- Review Medication Administration Report ( MAR)
- Insure the client and family's involvement in the development of the-plan of care
- Insure that services needed to facilitate care of the client is being utilied.
- Insure that there is optimal standard of nursing care has been provided.
- Make sure that a client family need is responded to appropriately.
- Give families a chance to voice complaints and respond appropriately to the resolution of the complaint.
- Assess nursing client interaction and/or client/family interaction.
- Assess the environment for Safety and cleanliness and make recommendations.
- Assess infection control practices including proper hand washing.
- Review the nursing care plan for accuracy, completeness, and makes sure it is regularly updated.
- Makes sure physician's orders are updated as required and are transcribed properly.
- Insure that equipment is being maintained properly.
- Ensure that necessary supplies are available
- Make sure that emergency protocol is in place.
- Review the communication book for relevant information and proper documentation.
- Provide family with the agency phone numbers for questions or concerns.
- Participate in quality assurance activities.
- Evaluate staff performance and update skill validation competency as required by the agency.
- Insure that adequate staffing or the client is done.
- Insure that the client and family are informed of any schedule changes.
- Be available to the staff for private consultation requiring good nursing judgment.
- Assist the agency manager in maintaining all clinical files on all clients.